** Come visit our Summer Recruitment Event on May 28! From 3 – 6 PM on our Rooftop. Bring your CV and come and see us! **
Who we are…
A collection of private members’ clubs for like-minded individuals, with currently 23 locations internationally and growing, including Barcelona, Berlin, Istanbul, London, Los Angeles, and New York. Amsterdam is our newest opening in the historic Bungehuis.
We are connecting with the creative community in Amsterdam to bring all forms of artists together in a home-away-from-home, with a unique setting to work, connect, eat, drink & nap. Also offering a private cinema, fully serviced gym, sauna & steam as well as exclusive member event programming.
We are extending our team and looking for new recruits to join our family that embody our ethos.
We have opportunities across various departments, including Membership, Events, Food & Beverage, Hotel Operations, Heath & Well-being.
As well as those candidates with previous experience in hospitality, we encourage like-minded creatives, artists, musicians, designers, and entrepreneurs to apply to join us.
The Role ...
We are currently looking for a passionate Barista to support the daily operations in our Bars. In this position, you will be mainly in charge of preparing coffee specialities as well as other hot and cold beverages.
You will be mostly busy with:
- Providing a warm welcome for guests and give advice on coffee specialities
- Preparing the needed mise-en-place and set-up the coffee machine for smooth operations throughout the day
- Maintaining inventories and equipment, as well as ordering, inspecting and storing incoming goods
- Supporting the service team as needed
- Organizing, supervising, and cleaning of the station practicing exceptional safety, sanitation, organizational skills according to HACCP guidelines
We are looking for you if you have:
- Ideally completed a professional barista training
- Gained working experience of around 1 to 2 years in a similar position
- English language skills on a communicational level
- Knowledge of preparation techniques and equipment, types of coffee beans, recipes, latte art
By being part of our Soho House family, we will offer a huge number of Learning & Development opportunities as well as other benefits such as:
- Competitive salary
- Cookhouse & House Tonic - trips, training and workshops
- Team Events
- An extensive range of externally and internally run courses to all employees
- Family Meals during your shifts
- Sport Classes
- Staff Screenings